Yoga changes lives. It changes our bodies, both physically and energetically and transforms our minds and the way we see ourselves and the world we live in. As we experience the life changing benefits of yoga for ourselves, we often have a deep desire to share it with others. Whether you embark on teacher training to teach others, or simply to deepen your own practice, Spirit in Motion Yoga can provide the mentoring you need each step of the way.
Spirit in Motion Yoga works in conjunction with respected teacher training programs to provide on-going support and mentoring to yoga students and teachers interested in Yoga Alliance Registration. Students attend the teacher training program of their choice and then are mentored through one-on-one coaching to:
- Deepen the students knowledge of yoga philosophy and meditation
- Develop and encourage a daily yoga and meditation practice
- Learn to teach yoga postures with clear instructions for optimum alignment, as well as hands-on adjustment techniques.
- Learn how to integrate breath awareness into classes, as well as how to teach pranayama techniques in a clear progressive sequence.
- Learn how to integrate mindfulness into classes to help students remain present, as well as how to teach simple meditation techniques.
- Learn vocal techniques both to protect and enhance the quality of your voice whether projecting to a large group or speaking softly in savasana.
Teachers in Training are given lots of opportunities to practice teaching in Spirit in Motion classes with ongoing feedback and comments to help develop their teaching skills in a supportive and nurturing environment. Spirit in Motion Yoga Teacher Mentoring often leads to teaching opportunities with Spirit in Motion Yoga, as well as other studios in Lethbridge and Southern Alberta.
“Teaching yoga is about drawing forth that which is already in a student. Teaching is a divine opportunity to be present at the birth of an individual’s authentic self.” Rolf Gates